Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kroger Deals this Week!!! Free toothpaste!

Ok, I know what you're saying. "WHAT? What about Harris Teeter??" Yes, I've already been there this week :-) But there are some phenomenal deals at Kroger right now worth checking out. I spent $31 and saved $66, plus I got a few items free! So here's the deal:

There's a promotion - if you buy 10 participating items, you get $5 back on your purchase. This is the case no matter how many sets of 10 you buy. So, for example, tonight I bought 30 participating items, so I got $15 back on the order. Not all the participating items are in the circular, so you may want to check out the couponmom.com database to find out which items have coupons AND are participating in the promo. You can also get a list in the store near the produce in the form of a "shopping list" - ask at the customer service desk if you can't find it. It may take some creativity to get the sets of 10 items and the best deals. Here's what I got:

2 bottles - All laundry detergent (99 cents each) - the sale/promo makes it $2.99 for the 26 to 32 loads bottle (includes "small and mighty" free & clear high efficiency detergent). There was a $2 off coupon in the 10/4 Red Plum making it 99 cents. I also had a printable $2 coupons so I got two at that price.

1 tube Colgate toothpaste (FREE!) - the sale/promo price is $1. There is a coupon for Colgate Total in the 10/25 Smart Source for $1 off. I took a chance and used this for regular tarter control whitening Colgate (not the Total kind, which was $2.50) and it worked! So I got it free.

2 cans Nestle Carnation evaporated milk (FREE) - You can use this with canned pumpkin to make pumkin pie. Sale price was 50 cents - coupon was in the 11/1 Red Plum for $1 off 2. There is a coupon for $1 off 4 cans of Libby veggies which I assume include pumpkin in the 9/27 Red Plum that I wish I knew about before I went shopping. These were not part of the promo but were on sale today.

1 bag Nestle chocolate morsels (99 cents) - Sale price is $1.99 - coupon in the 11/1 Red Plum for $50 off 1 (doubles to $1 off) Great for cookies!

4 bags Birds Eye frozen SteamFresh veggies (49 cents each) - Sale price$1.49 - coupons for 50 cents off in the 10/13 Smart Source and printables available. I had 3 printables not yet expired. Double to $1 off. 3 were for lightly sauced veggies. Frozen veggies are a time saver on busy nights and the freezing process preserves the vitamins, I've read :-)

6 bags Chex Mix (49 cents each) - Sale price $1.49 per bag (typically 2.89 or 3.15 per bag original price). Coupons were in the 10/25 Smart Source for $1 plus a whole mess of 50 cents printables that doubled. Chex Mix is a popular printable. I actually could have gotten more if I had printed more of the Chocolate Chex Mix ones - I didn't think they'd be included in this promo but they were!

1 container Land O Lakes spreadable butter (19 cents) - Sale price 99 cents - coupon in 10/18 smart source for 80 cents off.

2 packages Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (49 cents each) - Sale price was 99 cents each - coupon was in the 9/13 RP for $1 off 2. These are nice to have around for a quick side dish on busy nights.

5 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes (30 cents each) - Sale price was 49 cents each - coupon was in the 9/20 Red Plum for $1 off 5 cans of Del Monte veggies. Great to have on hand for chili!

Now, if you're counting along, You'll notice there are only 24 items here. To get these prices I needed to buy 30. No problem. I stocked up on 3 Edy's Slow Churned ice creams for $2.50 each and 2-liter Coke products - 4 for 79 cents each (that's cheaper than HT brand soda!) - I can use that for my next party :-) Yes, I normally pay a little less than $2.50 for ice cream, but this is Edy's - we used to buy it all the time at the sale price of $5.49 each. So I had to get some for old times sake!

I bought a few other needed items too like eggs (Eggland Best and Born Free has had some coupons out lately) and peppers (red, yellow, and orange for $1 each - normally $2.50 to $3 each). Produce at Kroger is not so hot in my experience unfortunately and tonight was no exception - otherwise I would have bought the organic bananas at the awesome price of 45 cents/lb. Normally at HT they would be up to 99cents/lb. for organic which is why we normally don't buy organic bananas - they have thick skins anyway.

Overall, it was a good haul - some great stock ups and some good deals on things we use all the time. Can't beat free toothpaste! There are probably plenty of other deals out there on other promo products that I don't usually purchase, so feel free to comment if you come up with any others this week. Now I'll be making some pumpkin pie this coming weekend - yum!

Yours in savings,
-Li

No comments:

Post a Comment