Saturday, November 21, 2009

Harris Teeter this week 11/21/09

This week I was dismayed when I saw my total amount ($168.94), even though I knew I was stocking up on a bunch of things I don't usually buy week to week like tissues and baby wipes. But then I was told that I saved $103. 48 and the manager had to come over and key in some override code since I saved over $100. The checkout lady (who was much like Kristen Wigg's Target Lady on SNL with her advice and questions) said it was the highest she had seen yet today. After that I felt much better!

Anyway, here are some of the best deals from today:

  • Tropicana 50 -orig. 3.49 this is the 50% less sugar variety so I think it has some kind of stevia in it - anyway it's the eVIC special this week so eVIC price is $1.77 (pay no attention to the sign next to it) - the coupon was in 11/15 Red Plum for $1 off - now I didn't realize it was for $1 off 2 until I went to check out, but they gave it to me anyway, making my OJ 77 cents. Otherwise you'll have to buy 2 - you can only get 1 at the eVIC price, the other is at the VIC price of $2.50. Also - keep in mind that occasionally they'll let you use a coupon that is for a specific variety of a brand item for another variety. I didn't try this with this coupon, but you could :-) If so, let me know how it goes.
  • Caribou Coffee (D is a coffee snob and this is the only coffee sold in the grocery store he'll drink. Snooty McSnooterson - love you hun!) Anyway - orig. 9.99 per 12oz bag. sale price 6.99. coupons for $2 off in 9/13 and 11/1 Red Plum - final price $4.99 per bag. Or there are some online printables (check couponmom.com) for $1 off.
  • Kix cereal - orig. 2.99, sale price $2 - printable coupon for 75 cents off doubles to 1.50 making final price 50 cents
  • Honey Nut Cheerios - orig. 3.59, sale price $2 - printable coupon for 55 cents off doubles to $1.10 - final price 90 cents - or you could use the 50 cents off two general mills cereals in the 11/8 smart source and get two boxes at $1.50 each
  • Green Giant Specialty canned corn (like southwest style or chipotle) - orig. 1.45 per can, sale price is $1 - coupon for 40 cents off two in 11/15 general mills insert doubles to 80 cents - final price for 2 is $1.20 (or 60 cents each)
  • Frenchs Taste Topper Onions (you know, on top of the green bean casserole?) - orig. 3.99 per can, sale price 3.49 - coupon in 11/8 smart source for 50 cents off doubles to $1 - final price 2.49
  • Triscuits - orig. 3.55 per box - BOGO makes them $1.77 each (if you buy one, it rings up as half price). Coupon in 11/8 smart source for $1 off Nabisco crackers makes them 77 cents. Or there are a couple printables out there for 50 cents off two, doubles to $1, make them $1.28 per box for 2
  • Scotties facial tissues - orig. $1.69 per box, BOGO makes them 84 cents each plus there are multiple coupons - dates are 10/25, 8/9, 9/13, 11/15 all in the Red Plum circulars for 50 cents off 3 - doubles to $1 off 3. The math is a bit tricky, but overall it comes out to final price of 51 cents per box for the reg or aloe varieties.
  • Ziploc containters - orig. 3.49, BOGO makes price for one 1.75 - coupon in 11/15 smart source is for 1.50 off two. Final price for 2 $1.99 or $1 each pack
  • Pillsbury Crescent rolls - orig. 2.09, sale price 1.67 - there a bunch of online printables for these but also multiple coupons from the smart source circulars on the following dates: 9/13, 10/4, 10/25, 11/8 and 11/15 for either 50 cents off two or 25 cents off 1. The final price with doubling of coupon is 2.34 for 2 or 1.17 each - these are nice to have around to add last minute to a meal
  • Plumrose bacon - orig. 3.99 pkg., sale price 2.47 - there have been some $1 off fresh pork coupons hanging out in the meat section lately and I've snagged a bunch, so I used these for two packages today. final price was $1.47 each. They were out of the pork coupons today though and so am I so that may be the last of my cheap pork deals.
Some non-coupon deals
  • Coca Cola fridge packs are BOGO (usually 5.99 each so about $3 each now)
  • Green Giant Veggies are BOGO ( Usually 75 cents each so they are about 37 cents each right now)
  • HT black beans 67 cents
  • Ripe mangos orig. 1.59 each - sale makes them 75 cents each
  • bunch broccoli (K's favorite!) - only 99 cents
  • Thomas's bages BOGO orig 3.99 so $1.99 each
  • Top Care brand allergy meds are typically 22.99 for 45 ct. on sale 14.49
There are other deals to be had, but this is what I've got for you today. Keep in mind that the holidays are coming up so if you're entertaining or bringing food to something, it's a good idea to stock up on the things you'll need now.

Also, my HT on University in Durham had Eggo Waffles. They don't usually, there's been a sign up that they've been out for a while, so I bought some even though they were not on sale (gasp!) for the nostalgia of it. I bought the family pack though which is a little cheaper due to buying in bulk. If you haven't heard, there have been production issues with Eggos and they may not be back on the shelves for a very long time.

I'm planning to check out Target this week too - I have target coupons that came in the mail and some manufacturer's coupons to match up with it, like $1 off Ore Ida Mashed Potatoes target coupon AND $1 off the same product manufacturer's coupon. You CAN double these up! There are some others as well, but I'll let you know when I use them.

I'll be posting again regarding my Black Friday plans as I make them. It's less than a week away now! Time to get on http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/ to create a plan of attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment