Friday, October 2, 2009

Some great deals this week + Halloween deals!

So, as many of you know, I've started playing the coupon game. Most of the time I've been saving 40% or more on my bill. I wrote a facebook note about my methods, which I will post here soon. For now, I'm just posting a few great deals I got this week:

At Harris Teeter:

- whole chickens are only 57 cents a pound. I got two of them for just a little more than $2.50 each.
- chuck roast only $2.99 per pound - great for beef stew and freezable
- if you like organic meat but hate paying the high price, organic ground chicken is a BOGO making it $3 a pound.

- General Mills Cereals are $1 off each if you buy 4. If you have the printable coupon for Kix (75 cents, it doubles to $1.50. Since Kix is only $2.99 per box, you can get it for 50 cents. Total Cereal you can get for $1.50 if you have the printable 75cent coupons as well, and Honey Nut Cheerios are $1.65 with the 55cent printable coupon. (Even if the coupons say they won't double, trust me, they will!)

- Betty Crocker Warm Delights are on sale 3 for $5 - with the printable 5ocents off coupons, you can get them for 66 cents each.

-Luvs diapers large box on sale for $15.99 - plus use the $1 off coupon in the P&G Saver from the 9/27 paper.

- Red seedless grapes 99cents per pound (trust me, if you've never paid attention to the price of grapes before, this is a great deal, though they do it with some frequency. Most of the time grapes are only on sale for $2.79 per pound. Big difference. And if no sale, $2.99 per pound)

- Yo Baby yogurt is on sale for 2.99 - this is cheaper than the usual price which is closer to $4 at Harris Teeter and it was a deal with my 50 cents off two coupon that printed out at HT last time I bought some. However, FYI - Target's base price for Yo Baby is $2.49. Plus there's a $1 target coupon out right now that might have come in the mail.

- Harris Teeter 100% whole wheat bread is only 99cents (normally it's still at deal at $1.57, but this is even better!)

At Target:

The Up & Up coupons they sent out a few weeks ago are about to expire, so stock up! This brand seems to have high quality at a cheap price, but just keep in mind that another brand name might still be cheaper IF you have the right coupons and go to the right stores. Paper towels and diapers are good.

Halloween Candy

So I checked it out. Don't buy your candy at Party City or CVS. Target is generally the cheapest, though you can get good deals at Harris Teeter if you use coupons.

*Best Halloween Candy deal - Jumbo Reeses Peanut Butter Cup snack size 29oz package, $5.49 at Harris Teeter, plus use the 55cent coupon from last week's paper and you get it for 4.39. At Target these are selling for $6 each.

Party City/Halloween Costumes

This past week, Halloween Costume coupons came out - $5, $10, and $15 off depending on the price of your costume. I got a toddler Tulip Fairy costume for K which came with all the accessories for only $9.99 on sale (originally $19.99). I was sad I couldn't use my coupons since you needed to at least spend $14.99 on a costume to use the $5 one (though I tried to negotiate with the sales lady to let me use it anyway!). But it was still a great deal. You can also get some great costumes on Craig's List and Ebay right now - most costumes have only been worn once and are selling at less than half the retail price.

More to add later!

- Li

No comments:

Post a Comment