Just some reminders about triples:
1. only coupons up to 99 cents will triple. You'll have to save those $1 coupons for super doubles.
2. you need a VIC card to triple anything
3. only 20 coupons per day will triple - they will still take more than 20 coupons from you, they will just ring at face value instead of tripling.
4. many coupons that say "do not double or triple" actually will triple. You need to check the serial number. If the first number on the left (the one hanging out before all the rest) is a 5, it probably will triple. If it's a 9 it probably won't.
5. Catalina coupons (the ones HT prints out when you check out) will NOT double or triple
6. Items that are BOGO typically ring up at half price if you buy 1. That means you can usually use two coupons for two items that are BOGO. I find that this is NOT true of the Buy 2 get 3 free deals, they will only let you use 2 coupons in that case, not 5.
And now for the first pass!
This morning I hit the HT at 8am on my way to work - spent $8.48 and saved $42.80. This is what I got (9 items were FREE!):
2 - 5lb bags Gold Medal Flour - orig. 2.59 per bag, 75 cents off printable coupon (x3) = 34 cents per bag - that's a lot of pancakes for D to make!
Mahatma Brown Rice - orig. 2.69 - cpn for 50 cents off in 2/7 Red Plum (x3) = $1.19 (it would have been cheaper to buy the small white rice package if they had had any left, but we mainly eat brown rice anyway)
Mahatma Rice Mixes - orig. 89 cents - cpn for 75 cents off 2 in 2/7 Red Plum (x3) = FREE
Lysol 4 in 1 antibacterial cleaner - orig. 2.99, sale BOGO so $1.50 for one - cpn for 50cents off in 3/14 Smart Source = FREE
Newman's Own Dressing Low Fat Asian - orig. 3.99 - on clearance for 1.99 - cpn for 50 cents off in 3/21 Red Plum = 49 cents
Kraft Mac N Cheese (cheese explosion kind) - orig. 1.35 - HT retailer coupon that came in the mail for 50 cents off (x3) = FREE
Quaker True Delights multigrain snacks - orig. 2.19, sale 1.50 - 75 cents off cpn in 2/14 Red Plum x3 = FREE
Huggies natural care wipes - orig. 3.59 - sale 3.19 - printable cpn for 75 cents off x3 = 94 cents
Solo plates (they were out of the cups) - orig. 2.89 - cpn for 75 cents off in 1/24 smart source x3 = 64 cents
2 bottles Frenchs Spicy Brown Mustard - orig. 2.15, sale $1.50 - cpn for 50 cents off in 1/24 and 3/21 smart source x3 = FREE
Franks Hot Sauce - orig. 1.25 - cpn for 50 cents off in 1/24 smart source x3 = FREE
Frenchs Worchester sauce - orig. 2.19 - cpn for 50 cents off in 1/24 smart source x 3 = 69 cents
Yakisoba noodles - orig. 100 - cpn for 50 cents off (can't remember where I got it!) = FREE
Planters Nut-trition bars - orig. 3.09 - cpn for 75 cents off in 2/21 smart source x3 = 84 cents
Maxwell House General Foods International Cappuchino 100 calorie - orig. 2.39 - cpn for 75 cents off in 3/21 smart source x 3 = 14 cents
McCormick Black Peppercorn grinder - orig. 2.79, sale $2, cpn for 75 cents off in x3 =
Mc Cormick Cinnamon - orig. 1.89 - I did not have a cpn for this, but when you buy 2 mc cormick products you get a $1.50 off your next order (OYNO) catalina coupon at checkout
Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti (or as K calls is Spagga petti petti) oring. 1.59 - Coupon for 55 cents off whole grain in 3/7 smart source x3 = FREE
Barilla Piccolina pasta - orig. 1.50 - cpn for 55 cents off in 3/7 smart source x 3 = FREE
I'm going to have to start getting that extra copy of the N&O to the house on Sundays for an extra $1 - totally would've paid for itself in this case!